Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Homemade Bible Valentines (with Conversations Hearts)


While scanning Pinterest this year for homemade Valentine ideas, I came upon a "pin" for "God's Conversations Hearts".  What a great idea!  I pinned it and planned to go back later to make them (later is today).  However, like many links on Pinterest, you're left with the original pin that no longer takes you to a real link.  Either the link has gone bad, it's no longer found, or it's a "suspicious" link.  I haven't yet figured out what makes it bad, but either way, I had this great Valentine idea that led to nowhere on the Internet except a message saying this link could no longer be found.  So I can not take credit for the verses and the idea, but I present to you a simple Valentine that can be done with a few scrapbooking supplies at home.

First, I copied out the words and reprinted them on to white cardstock.  For an easy image to copy and paste, see below.  I then used some scissors I had from eons ago that make the scalloped edging.  After they were cut out, and pink cardstock cut for behind, I laid out my supplies.
Just a few supplies laying around the house

The red sheer bags I had picked up for pennies at a local Beadfest event and finally was using them for something other than earrings. So far, the only thing I've purchased are the Conversation Hearts.  Once the verses are taped on to the pink cardstock, simply fill the pouches or baggies, and attach them to the card.  Simple!  Happy Valentine's Day!


use the image to make your own

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! This is such a sweet idea, Jen! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone got one in their basket this morning. You'll get yours next week. :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea - worth trying!
    Thanks for linking to the Creative inspirations Party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete