Monday, November 23, 2015

Curbside Headboard to Repurposed Coat Rack


After completing my first headboard-to-coat rack project (see the other one here), the biggest question I heard was "Can you make one smaller?"  So I was on the hunt for a twin-sized headboard.  This one was curbside and perfect for repurposing.
The footboard is still waiting to be repurposed...
After sanding down to the beautiful blonde wood, I stumbled across an old horseshoe and knew it needed a home on this project.  I chose an antique white wood stain to keep the light color and allow the grain to be visible.  Then it was just the trim to be painted, all of it sealed, and added the hooks and horseshoe. 

The finished coat rack!

Look at the wood grain
 
Now it's ready to be hung by a horse-lover.   Maybe it will find a home in a barn, or a little girl's room, or an entryway...

No comments:

Post a Comment